• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need info on 94 2dr 4.0 2wd cherokee

bigliftr5211

NAXJA Forum User
hi guys i have a 94 2dr 2wd 4.0 liter jeep cherokee, i recently made a bad desicion to take it offroad in its stock form and did some damage not only did i bend the driveshaft the leafsprings constantly squeak and the back ride heighth is way lower than a normal 2wd cherokee what should i do? if i need to replace the springs where can i get them and how much are they? could someone send me a link for the replacement parts and the price please thank you

boy you must have done a number on that poor thing.:) i started wheeling in a 94 2wd but a 4 door, did for about a year and never had those kinda problems. good luck sorry i cant help

Well, if you just want to go back to the way it was, go throw up a post in the parts-wanted forum. The 2WD shaft will probably be hard to comeby, but guys are pulling out perfectly good stock springs all the time!

(If I were you though, I'd see it as nature's way of telling you to lift!)

Robert

if you need new leaves you can always play with some dakota springs until you get the height you want

If the rear is a lot lower than it should be, you may have broken a leaf. The 2WD and 4WD XJs use the same springs, so you can use any XJ springs, from any year. You can also pull additional leaves from another set of springs and splice them into your spring packs.

First, though, be sure it's really lower than it should be. If you still have the flares, measure stright up from the center of the axle/wheel hub/wheel cap to the bottom edge of the flare. For a stock XJ this dimension should be 17.0 inches.

If you don't have the flares, a month or so ago I posted the measurements from the axle tubes to the frame, per the factory service manual. Someone else added the diagrams. I saw a post you had yesterday asking about "flat" springs, but the link didn't work for me. In general, most people aren't accustomed to spring-over-axle setups. The stock springs always sit just about flat, but folks expect leaf springs to have an arch because they are expecting them to look like springs that run under the axle.

Always measure before declaring that your XJ has sagged.

If you cannot find another drive shaft, you may be able to have yours straightened. Take it to your local driveshaft shop and have them take a look. This may be cheaper than getting a new one.

Les

Back