• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Requirements for Extreme trails

Bloose

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
What is the required equiptment to run the extreme trails? I heard somewhere that 35's were required, is that true. I thought I read a winch was manditory too. I have ARB's front and rear, have access to a winch, but only run 33's. Am I out for the extreme or is the 35 thing a rough guideline?

B-loose

It depends on how good of a driver you are. Personaly I would not try Indy or Carnage on less than a 35. You will need a winch for the exit on bolth. But if you want to try and are not opposed to body damage then go for it.
Led

Bob, the extreme trails are quite a bit more difficult than Holy Cross was a couple years ago.

As Led mentioned, Carnage might be too much body damage. But the Montrose trails are possible with a driver of your abilities - provided body damage is not a major concern.

I think last years BOTW included some 33" XJ's. And they ran some great trails in Montrose.

Thanks Grant. Body damge is not a big concern but I'll still avoid it when possible. I ordered an M8000 winch for this trip but I'm not sure if it will show up by Friday. We'll see what happens.

B-loose

Back