• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D60 Axle Number

91 Jeep Project said:
I bought a d60 rear recently, it's being delivered to my place this sunday. I asked the guy to pull the BOM so that I would know what it came out of. The number he found was "c30257". I know this isn't a BOM, so what is it???

Where is it located on the axle:
http://www.katy.tx4wd.org/tech/axle_id/spicer_dana_id.gif

That page mentions that they didn't always stamp them. You may have to take a shaft out or acess it and count the splines to make sure what you have.

Going to have that in before the ColoradoFest??????

Man I wish. I'll Still be sitting at 4.5", 31s, 3.55s, and Open Diffs for the Trip. My HP44 is already sitting in the garage just begging for a rebuild. But I can only go as fast as the paychecks allow. I got a pretty good deal on the 60. Like I said it's a Full-Floater w/4.10 gears and it's lincoln locked. Complete drum to drum and the spring perches are already setup for an XJ, $150 delivered to my garage.......... :cool:

They are gonna stay full width. The HP44 is out of a 75' F100, so it was a half-ton with drum brakes. I now have just about all the parts for the 3/4 Chevy Disc Conversion, just picked up my chevy outer stubs yesterday for 20 bucks(just need to pick up some chevy or jeep flat tops). So it will be an 8-lug, chevy disc'd, 4.88 or 5.13 gears and I haven't decided on the locker. The 60 is gonna get 3/4 ton chevy disc brakes, the same gears as the 44, and also have not decided on the locker. It's definantly a slow process. But I am not doing to bad on prices right now.

Here is what I have spent:

Complete Hub to Hub HP44 - $175
Chevy 3/4 Ton Conversion Pieces - About $ 150
Complete Drum to Drum FF D60 - $150

Things Still to Buy:
HP44 Gears
HP44 Locker
D60 Gears
D60 Locker
2 Sets of Chevy 3/4 Ton Rotors, one Complete with Hubs
2 Sets of Chevy 3/4 Ton Calipers and Pads
Chevy Flat Top Knuckles
Reverse High Steer Arms
New Ball Joints
New 760 U-Joints

I am sure there is more assorted crap that isn't coming to mind, but it is definantly gonna take a while to get these things in............ :helpme:

Back