• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trap Shooting

jeeplas

NAXJA member #936
How many of you guys would be interested in an evening of trap shooting?

It would be on a Fri. night, the only cost to you would be $3.50 per round of 25 birds and your shells. (And of course any alcohol you purchased.)

We would have the whole club house and range all to ourselves.

Any input, any week better than the other? Do any of you like to inialate things with 12 gage shot guns, or am I the only one?

They don't want to be embarassed :shhh:

But if you could get them to launch squirrels, you know Beez would be there

lesslimited said:
They don't want to be embarassed :shhh:

But if you could get them to launch squirrels, you know Beez would be there

I know for a fact that Beez like to shoot clay pigeons also.

Maybe he doesn't want to be shown up by a girl? Maybe none of you do!

Well, my one time playing with a shotgun, all the clay pigeons got away :anon:

But it was fun anyway...

Sounds like fun. 1 smal problem, all I have is a Bolt-action 2-3/4 20ga. with an adjustable choke. I don't think thats gonna cut it, is it? I have never fired this weapon, it was a "gift".

Can I bring my .44??

Rev

Rev Den said:
Sounds like fun. 1 smal problem, all I have is a Bolt-action 2-3/4 20ga. with an adjustable choke. I don't think thats gonna cut it, is it? I have never fired this weapon, it was a "gift".

Can I bring my .44??

Rev

No, but you can use my Winchester 101 pigeon grade. Or you can use Sean's Mossberg 500(but who wants to).

Rev Den said:
Can I bring the 20...would be nice to fire it a few times, besides...I just need 1 shot for every 2 clays.

Rev

You can use a 20 gage no problem. It's not that hard. The first time I shot I did a 10 round run and hit 7 out of 10.

When I was younger, I used to shoot clay pigeons with my 12 ga. pump action ... was a pretty good shot I may add. Now that I'm older and not wiser, all I have is a 20 ga. single shot ... it can hit the target ... it just does not hold enough rounds. ;)

May have to borrow a weapon, but sounds like a good time.

Les

PS: A woman can show me up anytime. When you get old, you'll take the thrills anyway you can get them.

lbexj said:
When I was younger, I used to shoot clay pigeons with my 12 ga. pump action ... was a pretty good shot I may add. Now that I'm older and not wiser, all I have is a 20 ga. single shot ... it can hit the target ... it just does not hold enough rounds. ;)

May have to borrow a weapon, but sounds like a good time.

Les

PS: A woman can show me up anytime. When you get old, you'll take the thrills anyway you can get them.

You have time to reload between birds, there is usually 4 other people that shoot before you need to shoot again.

But you can borrow my gun if you want.

They will open at 5 for us and stay open until 10.

I'd be interested in a Fall (Sept) outing. Where?

If anyone is interested in a trip to Effingham, IL I can take you to my club. We have pistol and rifle ranges also. Skeet and trap houses are only open on Tuesdays and Sundays, but we can throw our own any day of the week.

Flowers said:
I'd be interested in a Fall (Sept) outing. Where?

If anyone is interested in a trip to Effingham, IL I can take you to my club. We have pistol and rifle ranges also. Skeet and trap houses are only open on Tuesdays and Sundays, but we can throw our own any day of the week.

Is that Samurai track still open down there?
:laugh2:

I'd love to go. I would probably get whooped by everyone though.

I only have a single shot 12 gauge H&R. Maybe I'll borrow my Dad's 1187, or just break down and buy a new gun. Always feels good to buy a new one.

w_howey said:
I'd love to go. I would probably get whooped by everyone though.

I only have a single shot 12 gauge H&R. Maybe I'll borrow my Dad's 1187, or just break down and buy a new gun. Always feels good to buy a new one.

Unless you are shooting doubles, you can only have one shell in the gun at a time anyway. I shoot a breach loading over and under.

hmm... I'll bring the M3 super 90 and a few Dragonbreath rounds, we'll find some real pigeons and have some real fun

The Matrix-
"We're gonna need Guns, lot's of guns"

Back