• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: 8.8 with 4:10's and LS ready to bolt into an xj

tiblerbrit

NAXJA Forum User
As it says, out of a 2001 explorer; spring perches and shock mounts for an XJ, painted up, and tubes welded. Brake work not finished, but comes with old calipers and rotors. $500 Located in Charlotte, NC. Prefer not to ship, but will if necessary.

PHTO0010.jpg

BTT for you.

Looks like you did a nice job. Are the spring mounts -vs- pinion angle at stock angles? Basically, how did you decide what angle to weld the spring perches on at?

I swapped in an 8.8 for my Dana-25 last winter - disc brakes rock!!!

-Brian

BrianJr said:
BTT for you.

Looks like you did a nice job. Are the spring mounts -vs- pinion angle at stock angles? Basically, how did you decide what angle to weld the spring perches on at?

I swapped in an 8.8 for my Dana-25 last winter - disc brakes rock!!!

-Brian

My Dana 25 came stock with disks.
:dunno:

Well if i decide to give up it only needs new calipers, rotors, and pads. It also needs the ebrakes reconditioned. I'm giving you the cores for the calipers and ebrake stuff, so its not too bad. The perches are welded on at stock angles. Um, price is $500; this thing can be under your jeep with COMPLETELY new brakes for ~$650.

Back