• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody interested in a BBQ?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Being from the south in my far distant past, you just can't have a get together without a BBQ. Is anybody interested in having one at Ouray. I've been thinking about bringing my grill.

Where I come from, BBQ is somewhat a right of passage. You're not a man until you can cook. I won first place in the Oklahoma State Fair with my BBQ sauce.

I was thinking about just passing the hat for the fixin's. The easiest and best is polska kielbasa sausages and boneless skinless chicken breasts. That way you can either eat them directly or on a bun. Won't have the facilities to make potato salad, but I can do a pot of baked beans. Maybe some chips and **** pickle spears.

You guys will get a hoot out of this. The forum blocks d i l l pickle from being printed. Bizzare!!!
Anybody have any input? Think its a good idea? Any excess $$$ could go into the treasury.

Last edited:
any reason just for ouray?
sounds yummy to me, but i'll only be in BV.
so if you've got the grille and don't mind firing it up a second time, i wouldn't turn down a kielbasa (or three)-- esp. from an award-winning cook!
;)

I'm in Tom! Put me down for a party of 4.
Maybe make it Sunday or Monday evening...

The reason I said Ouray is that depending on work, I may have to miss a good portion of the BV portion. Bummer. I will know more in a couple of days.

If you need any good sausage my brother works for Klements here in WI. Pretty darn good Brats, Polishes, and Italians. Usingers also has an outlet at the factory in Downtown Milwaukee, but I'm not allowed to go there now that my brother works for the rival. Let me know if I should bring some with. I have a refer so they should stay fresh on the trip.

B-loose

Sounds like a plan. Lets make sure that enough want a BBQ first, otherwise we could end up eating sausages for a week. Hmmm, not a bad idea :spin1:

Sounds like a plan..I like bbq's..if I screw it up, I can always claim it's a sacrifice to Thor or something..

Sounds great Tom. Since I'm from TX, I think rather highly of BBQ :farmer: . Sign me up please.

Thanks,
Michel

Back