• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Boing...boing

tellicorick

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, need some recommendations as to springs. Ready to order to get my POS lifted (Clayton LA front, ACOS coil buckets) around 5-6 for starters. What would be the "collective" thought on front springs (around 4 inches since I can adjust the height) and on rear springs. It's a DD that will see some increasing off-road action in the future. Thanks

More cowbell....I mean info...
How much weight do you carry?
Rear bumper?
Tire carrier?
Terrain wheeled?
Type of coils? (To get a complimentary rate)
Help us help you.

Gotcha

Front bumper, custom fabbed with winch (8K power at least)
Rear bumper, custom fabbed with receiver hitch
Front end... modified HPD30 with D44 outers, larger discs and calipers
Rear.... modified D44 with discs
Tires... 32 inch BFG (most likely)
Wheels... 15x8 steel
Roof rack...probably Confer or similar
No additional equipment, no welder, no compressor
Stock engine, drivertrain (AT and NP231)
Not sure of where I want to mount spare, either roof or rear bumper

Terrain wheeled... mostly mud (the Deep South) with some rocks, definately not high speed

Type coils..... decent street ride with flexibility for off-road

Hope this is enough cowbell

RE 5.5" coils (you definitely want this stiffer spring rate). RE 4.5" leafs with 1.5" shackle. I'd go for the 6" lift for Clayton's arms...they hang down pretty low, although that's no real issue in the mud. No need for ACOS with this setup. If stiffer leafs are better in mud, go with 4" BIGOffroad. Those babies don't suffer from spring wrap and will keep you moving forward.

Nay

Nay said:
RE 5.5" coils (you definitely want this stiffer spring rate). RE 4.5" leafs with 1.5" shackle. I'd go for the 6" lift for Clayton's arms...they hang down pretty low, although that's no real issue in the mud. No need for ACOS with this setup. If stiffer leafs are better in mud, go with 4" BIGOffroad. Those babies don't suffer from spring wrap and will keep you moving forward.

Nay

What he said.
Well put, Nay, and I agree on the Big4s.

Back