• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This is getting rediculus. Powertrax locker

csudman

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I broke a shaft a while back. Pulled the locker, replaced wheel bearings while i was in there. Put it back together and teh damn thing doesnt work. It was hard as hell to get it out last time. I think that was my fault.

Anyway, I called powertrax and they said if it was hard to get the crossshaft back in there i probably broke it. It was knida hard to get it in. So, tonght I took it apart to find out what i broke, nothin looks broken. I dont know what i could have done.

The locker loads up when I turn and lets out a horrible pop when it lets go. I'm really sick of this thing.

Any ideas. I'm gonna call them again tommarow.

Can I assume that this is an 8.25 axle?
Check the gap between the NoSlip pieces.
If you lost a spring, you would not get equal load on the 'teeth', and it would bind up at the slightest change of speed as the other springs compress and there is an imbalance.
If the cross shaft is in good shape(pull it out again), then make sure the c-clips are seated right. Pull both shafts and reinsert.
I know its a pain, but it mush be done.
The locker is not complicated, so just disassemble it and reassemble it double checking everything.
Once you understand how it works(no offense if you already do) then you can easily see what is amiss.
That is all I can think of.
HTH.

the two little springs that go inside the bigger springs on the outside are a little bent. all the other springs are there

csudman said:
the two little springs that go inside the bigger springs on the outside are a little bent. all the other springs are there

That is what I was thinking.
If you are not getting equal pressure from all of the springs, the teeth will half-grab at each other.
With the cover off, rotate the axle forward and back, one wheel at a time, and watch the action.
Like last time, you will learn how it should be working by looking at it.
If the cross shaft is ok, I would just order a new set of springs when you call tomorrow. Be sure to ask them to make sure, but I think you should be cool as long as the rest of the gears are ok.
If you can, take a pic and post it.
Good luck.

Back