• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone interested in wheelin at Ft Knox?

GI-John

NAXJA Forum User
Just testing the waters.

I currently work at Range Control at Ft. Knox Ky and have access to over 400 square Km of land. (Prob more)
Would anyone be interested in a local meet/greet at Ft Knox with a mild but muddy trail run?

Please let me know.

John

John, I'm coming down for the Kubel Korps' annual event down there in a month or so. Maybe I'll hook up the jeep and bring her down. My buddy has been wanting to get me out in his Schwimmwagen (especially since I made a few of the parts for it), and I've been wanting to get him out in my jeep. Maybe this will work out great.

BTW, this should be in the Non-Tech or unofficial trail runs forum, not here.

Sean

Sorry about the choice of threads. I've been following NAXJA forums on and off for years, but recently got back into it.

If your buddy has a schwimmwagen, I know several people that would like to take a look (Patton Museum people) Let Me know if you need local info.

John

PS mods, put this thread where you see fit.

He knows the patton mueseum pretty well. We have a bunch of their half track parts. We're restoring a skf 251 half track. This winter I have to build the body for it. Gonna be fun dealing with cutting and welding 8mm armor plate. There's a definate plus side to this job, he's buying me a plasma cutter.

Sean

Well, I'm not gonna make it to their meet, they moved it up to this month and I'm trying to make it to the nacfest. I'm sure I'll be down that way sometime soon.

Sean

Back