• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 lift and 31's

R

rangerjoe2001

hey guys i hear all this talk about 31's looking like donuts on a 4.5 inch lift,,, personally i think that is stupid. i have a 4.5 lift and 31's and it looks good!!!! as long as you have an agressive tread pattern on the tire. i gues its a personal thing. if you wanna see some pics go to cardomain.com they have lots of pics. ill tell you something and that is that it is flexy as heck. i go places where lots of jeeps cant. my friend put 32's on with the same lift i had and it would rub the heck out of his fender. he ended up changing to 31's . i just want to let you guys know there are others out there that like that lift with that size tire. it looks a lot better when your tire comes about to the middle or bottom of your trim on the door panel. it looks very aggresive. also you dont have to re-gear and it saves the economy of the jeep for more of a daily driver/ weekend wheeler.

And you know how friggin expensive it is to buy a set of 33s.

Looks are totally an opinion thing. Some people like one thing, others like another.

not all of us wheel the same kinda terrain, we've got people from allover the globe droppin' their $0.02 on how to build up a rig.

ya gotta take everything into account. There's tons of people who would never do something like I did, and there are just as many who do the same thing (It's not original, by any means)

not everyone needs huge-ass tires and a big lift. You can cover most accessible land throughout the world with 3" and 31s, but if it works good for you, and looks good to you. that is what matters, because it's your money and your Jeep.

EVEN if it's lowered and sittin' on dubs :eek:

climb4.JPG

4.5 with TrXus 31x10.5...the guys who run 3" of lift and 31's rub (if they got flex!!!!!!!!)

the guys who run 3" of lift and 31's rub (if they got flex!!!!!!!!)

hmmm...really? :rolleyes:

1050721272_scan0009.jpg

is this enough flex for ya? no extended bumpstop, 3" lift 31" BFGs, no rubbin even flexed like this :laugh3:

1050721414_scan0015.jpg

Brad

Hahaha Sure is!...dent isn't as big as it looks tho!

Bradly...if you're not runnin bumpstops and you say you don't rub...you're lyin! ;)
rjtoilet2.jpg

This is 4.5" of lift with no bumpstops...31's...

Granted the TrXus run true to size...measured out at the same size as my friends 32" BFG MT's on a 15x8" rims...and are you at 3.5" of lift or the RE 3.5 lift?

I have the RE 3.5" coils and get 4.5" of lift from them up front....and it looks like you're rubbin in pic #2...

I never said 3" and 31's wouldn't flex...I just said that if you have 3" of lift and 31" tires you will rub unless trimmed or bump stopped out...

when i measured it up a few weeks ago i was actually right bellow 3.5" on the front and about 3.25" on the rear. And honestly they dont rub even when turning like that. i think u hit the nail on the head with the fact that swamper 31's are bigger than BFG, etc 31's. I have trimmed a bit too, but not excessively

Brad

I'm going to be relocating my Stock flares very soon..up 1.5" (gonna have to cut out the top of the fender on my drivers side for the Snorkel...

i was gonna say that i've seen your jeep here and on JU and it looks really clean. u've done a nice job on it. How do u like the trXus's?

later bro

Brad

The TrXus have been GREAT! Very impressed...nice on rocks, insane in the snow, good in the mud!

The truck has remained pretty dent free until least weekend...dinged up the hatch a bit...

anyone kno anything about teraflex's new 4" long arm lift? i have a '98XJ that has an altitude problem. i'm favoring the t/f kit because i'm also goin to use the 4" long arm on my '97TJ

Its not new and its probably the worst kit out there!They tend to cut every corner VS: doing it the right way!

Rockkrawler is some sketchy stuff....

The Problem with teras kit is that it's just the LCA's that are long...

RK is just shoddy.

It seems any size tire will rub without bumpstops and no trimming it seems....

bradlyw.. turn the wheel a bit more.... you'll rub...

There is the backspacing issue as well...

My 2" lift with 30" tires rubbed (stock 5.25"? backspacing) at max flex and some steering input, and now my 4.5" with 32" rubs with 2" bumpstops and 4.5 backspacing and trimming.

sorry... needed a first post...

Back