• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

using cruise control switches for accessories

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, so I bought a 97 which came with the cruise control kit in a box (never installed) and that got me thinking:
Has anyone ever considered using the crusie control buttons (I'd be driving relays with them) for accessories like additional lights and such? Also does anyone have a pic (or can take a pic) as to how the steering wheel looks with the cruise control buttons on it? Oh .... it's for a 97+

Thanks
Kejtar

xjwheel.JPG

Kejtar said:
OK, I got the twc+ and it's looking like it's going to be a relaly nifty gizmo. I'll post here after I install it and get it all going.

OK... I finally got around to installing it. That thing is neat :) I got to use the buttons on the steering wheel to set my rpms tonight :D I still haven't finished the install (had to jump it to the battery using aligator clips) and I didn't fully test it on the road cause my XJ is parked in the garage again for a few more days as I work on other issues, but I can say this: if you have a newer XJ with cruise control this is definately a neat addon.

hell that thing is sweet, kinda makes me want to prioritize the bull bar and winch....

JeepinAudiophile said:
hell that thing is sweet, kinda makes me want to prioritize the bull bar and winch....
Yeah I kind of got it for the hand throttle setup... and now I am thinking that I need to add a winch to it :D (well that was in the plans but I think it's going to get moved up a notch or two)

Back