• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to wire fogs to come on with lights?

kmagnuss_2000

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed some Hella 450's on my 99 XJ. The way I have them hooked up now, they can come on without my lights on, but only when the car is running (or in the on position). I don't like this too much and would rather they come on only when the lights are on. Where is the closest wire that I could use to route to the switch that is inside the cab of the truck? (besides the trailer lights I hooked up in the back...i.e. something in the dash) Thanks.

-Keith

Try something around the headlight switch.

It's worth mentioning that, depending on your local DMV laws, you may get gigged on inspection (does FL even have annual vehicle inspection??) I know in VA that they must be wired thru a relay that cuts them off when your hi-beams are activated. I couldn't get a sticker on my MJ until I (not the shop) physically removed the wiring...just a tip....
Jeff

Jeff in VA said:
It's worth mentioning that, depending on your local DMV laws, you may get gigged on inspection (does FL even have annual vehicle inspection??) I know in VA that they must be wired thru a relay that cuts them off when your hi-beams are activated. I couldn't get a sticker on my MJ until I (not the shop) physically removed the wiring...just a tip....
Jeff

FL used to have state inspections up until the blue hairs started to complain BIG time, it was just a source of easy revenue @ 10 bux per vehicle for the state... and easy pickings for the local garages to "fix" your non compliant vehicle. What a racket... easy money for everyone except the vehicle owners. :mad: I mean they required you to have your ride inspected regardless of when you bought it (except the classic cars older than 20 years), even if you just bought it NEW off the showroom floor yesterday, you still have to have it inspected. That was rediculous. you were required to go by the month you were born on to have your ride inspected. :puke:

That just plain sux. :mad:

Back