• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 inner "C's" other than Crane????

Danno

NAXJA Forum User
anybody know a vendor other than Crane that sells the Inner "C's" for Dana 44? I'm building a new front axle and the donor axle is gonna be a cast iron witch to get the old inner "C" part of the knuckle assembly off and the tube removed. The Crane product looks really good but REALLY expensive. Thanks, Danno

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do. If you are shortening a housing, you can remove and reuse the inner C's. If you are retubing the axle, you can still remove the old inner C's and reinstall them on the new tubing. If they are shot, you can quite possibly find a different axle in a yard that would have useable inner C's and use them after removing them from their tubes. There are quite a few articles on the web regarding removing inner C's. As for NEW inner C's, you might want to check with Teraflex or a DANA dealer. The custom axle builders like foothill offroad, dynatrac, Currie, etc. may also have them. Search the web and Pirate 4x4 as you might find what you are looking for. Jeff

If you are getting new inner C's why not get Dana 60 Cs and do a hybrid axle?

The July issue of Petersons 4x4 has a axle buyers guide with pretty much all companies that deal with axle parts including Cs. This is the list of companies that they had listed as having knuckles/arms:

www.allprooffroad.com
www.highclearance.com
www.currieenterprises.com
www.dedenbear.com
www.dynatrac.com
www.extremegearoffroad.com
www.mountainoffroad.com
www.4x4gearmasters.com
www.spydercustoms.comwww.ring-pinion.com
www.rockequipment.com
www.rockcrusheroffroad.com
www.sn-fab.com
www.jeepxtremes.com
www.terafelx.biz
www.tricountrygear.com

AARON

MrShoeBoy said:
If you are getting new inner C's why not get Dana 60 Cs and do a hybrid axle?

The July issue of Petersons 4x4 has a axle buyers guide with pretty much all companies that deal with axle parts including Cs. This is the list of companies that they had listed as having knuckles/arms:

www.allprooffroad.com
www.highclearance.com
www.currieenterprises.com
www.dedenbear.com
www.dynatrac.com
www.extremegearoffroad.com
www.mountainoffroad.com
www.4x4gearmasters.com
www.spydercustoms.comwww.ring-pinion.com
www.rockequipment.com
www.rockcrusheroffroad.com
www.sn-fab.com
www.jeepxtremes.com
www.terafelx.biz
www.tricountrygear.com

AARON
not a bad idea if you're building a really bling axle, but you will spend way more money doing it since all the D60 outer knuckle/hubs/brakes etc will cost way more. you would also be limited to 8 lug unless you want to run some really bling hubs.

the fact that he considers the Crane knuckles to be way to expensive leads me to believe a D44/60 hybrid is way, way to expensive for him.

I'm believe there's a foothill offroad in the southeast somewhere, although I may be mistaken. The name just rings a bell.

Oh, and btw, my Tera 50 just has 3/4 ton Chevy D44 knuckles and they're BEEFY. I wouldn't worry about just using a stock spicer part. I know Tera can get them new, so I'd imagine they're still being produced.

Ary

Last edited:
thanks guys.....I decided to use the old ones and they worked out okay. I was getting pissed when I made the post as I had a LOT of work into removing the tubes from the differential with no luck. Those welds are tough! Removing the tubes from the "C's" was a lot easier. I had to take the diff to a friend with a frame machine. He drilled out the welds and then hooked it up to the frame puller and REALLY pulled before it pulled out the tubes.
I'm putting in a D44 in the front as I bent the front D30 and so did my daughter on her XJ. Too many trips to Moab, I guess! thanks again!

Safari Ary said:
I'm believe there's a foothill offroad in the southeast somewhere, although I may be mistaken. The name just rings a bell.

Oh, and btw, my Tera 50 just has 3/4 ton Chevy D44 knuckles and they're BEEFY. I wouldn't worry about just using a stock spicer part. I know Tera can get them new, so I'd imagine they're still being produced.

Ary

Yea there is/was a Foothills Off-Road or 4x4 or something in Travelers Rest, SC....but since the owner is now alot more famous than the shop he renamed it to Shupee's 4x4. (now guess who owns it?)

Justin

Back