• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering box mount to unibody repair

willy3

NAXJA Forum User
I searched "steering box" and did not find it so here goes. My unibody "frame" is/looks bent (creased) where the steering box mounts to it. I can see a ridge bend/crease between the steering box mounts. I have a steering box support rod from Rusty's and also long winch bumper mounts and a Rusty's front skid plate. Maybe all this will hold it together til I figure out what to do next. I have been fighting handling problems and loose steering for awhile now. After tightening all steering connections and adding a new steering shaft its better but now I am afraid the box will tear out. Has anyone used one of the weld on "frame/mount" repair plates or kits. Is one brand or type better or is there a better cheaper home fix?

If you want a bolt on option, C-Rok makes an excellent product. Luckly, I installed the full kit before I needed it.

Rob

Back