• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to buy trailready bumper

Wow. $950 for a front bumper and they can't even run their description through a spellchecker? Little things like that are what makes me so bitter.

Seriously, do a search and see what others here have to say. Lots of folks here have opinions and loyalties. Some folks even make their own accessories whenever possible. But a search is bound to give you some informative threads.

-Rich

Colorado_XJ said:
Wow. $950 for a front bumper and they can't even run their description through a spellchecker? Little things like that are what makes me so bitter. -Rich

Yer not talking about that word "intergraded" are you ? If it is, I think it's the proper use for what the product description is conveying... and it passes my spell check just fine. Spelling really only counts during birth, death and taxes ... all the little things in between isn't worth bitterness. Who says Webster was right anyway.

It could be worse, you could live in a state run by "girly men"... and the average cost of a home is a half million.

arsonlvr said:
thats more than i want to spend. i really wanted one of aj's but the wait is up to 4 months, and i need one alot sooner than that. any body know who makes this one, found it on craptechs site

http://www.crawltech.com/catalog/images/xjprerunner2.jpg

That looks like a Hanson. I just ordered one from Rigid Fabrication. Rigidco.com They have changed the design from the pics on the website. Here are a couple of pics Terry from Rigid sent me.

rigid1.jpg

rigid2.jpg

Last edited:
there is a guy on ebay that will custom make one similar I bougt it it was like 200 bucks but it didnt have the winch plate but I know he could add it goo solid welds nates 4x4 is the person just a thought.

imho for that price of $950,you can buy a mig welder and make your own and save a few hundred $'s.

why pay that kinda price when your just going to beat it up and scratch it on some rocks

moneypitxj said:
imho for that price of $950,you can buy a mig welder and make your own and save a few hundred $'s.

why pay that kinda price when your just going to beat it up and scratch it on some rocks

yeah i think so as well, i have no intentions of spending that much. ive been thinkin about getting a mig, i just dont have the funds to buy one as of yet. but i have picked one out, a miller 175.

thanks, ryurabbit, checked out loosenuts and sent them an e mail. looks like a good product.

moneypitxj said:

I wouldn't pay that of price for a bumper which is why I am negotiating with my brain if I should build one or not, but the Bulletproof MFG bumpers are between $700 and $1000 as well. If someone doesn't want ot build there own spending a grand could be reasonable in there mind. If they hit a tree two seperate times that could cost over a grand in repairs, where as a a bumper that is a grand could save a lot more in the future. I'm not saying buy a bumper that is a grand, just that it might have its pro's as well as the con of being $$$$$$.

I'm pretty sure Bulletproof went out of business recently. Another good bumper company with similar initials (BPI Mfg in Colorado) recently sold it's bumper line to Poison Spyder Customs

Back