• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Line-X, Rino lining paintjob

jpxj94

NAXJA Forum User
Hey after my paint on my hood got messed up with my electrical fire under the hood I am thinking of getting the whole xj sprayed with line-x. Anybody got any pics or advise on this? I want to know what this looks like. I did a search and couln't really find anything. I want the good stuff not the roll on stuff.

jpxj94 said:
Hey after my paint on my hood got messed up with my electrical fire under the hood I am thinking of getting the whole xj sprayed with line-x. Anybody got any pics or advise on this? I want to know what this looks like. I did a search and couln't really find anything. I want the good stuff not the roll on stuff.
Search on the web for Avocado and Cherokee. I can tell you this: it will be durable but impossible to wash with anythingelse then a power washer.

Saw one today that had the roof Rhino-lined.looked like frog skin all bumppy and such.Snow would not slide off,but it would cover a lot of bad paint and body work.
Wayne

jpxj94 said:

I don't have any pics of mine yet because I don't have a digital camera, but my red smooth Durabak turned out good on the exterior. The body was rough already and the clear coat was coming off so I though what the heck. I'm happy with it and I got a gallon for the quart price of $52 to my door. I Herculined my interior black. It doesn't shine anymore, but it should hold up good to the rocks on the rubicon and the trail brush. Here's the link to the Avacado Line-X'd xj Remi was telling you about: http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cherokee/xjproducts/company/linex/linex.htm

Line-x is nice but pricey, I personally like something I can do myself and I actually rolled on the Durabak.
Troy

Back