• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tube doors! legal in Ga? PICS

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
Sweet. Can you get some closeups of the latch setup? Thanks.

Those look sweet man, but you're going to get DW ;)

I asked a buddy of mine who used to be a cop in Barrow county. He said as far as he knows there is no regulation on running without doors. The only thing he ever heard of was some obscure law about open air rides recquiring shoulder harnessed seat belts (which obviously all cherokees have in the front seats) . Something about older open air vehicles with lap belts only made it possible for a person to flop out partially and get hurt in rollovers.

Closeups would be great - is it an illusion or does the top line of the door drop about an inch or so? Any reason not to keep it parallel with the two body panel creases?

I took mine off the other day and dont have any death wobble whatsoever.

I agree with Rev Dan that no mirrors might be the only legal issue here. I'm looking into doing something like this soon on my 91' 2 door.
Troy

KGNickl said:
I'm not liking it visually but I like the idea.

But for the price, FREE, they were a good buy.

GAdawg said:
Those look sweet man, but you're going to get DW ;)

I asked a buddy of mine who used to be a cop in Barrow county. He said as far as he knows there is no regulation on running without doors. The only thing he ever heard of was some obscure law about open air rides recquiring shoulder harnessed seat belts (which obviously all cherokees have in the front seats) . Something about older open air vehicles with lap belts only made it possible for a person to flop out partially and get hurt in rollovers.

Just got off the phone with the GSP out here in Tifton and he said that he can find nothing on the books about it. Just wear your seat belt and have a mirror and all is well. Thanks for all the replies and comments on the doors, Robert.

Back