• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Son of a!!! I just broke the MAP sensor vac. tube... wtf do I do now?

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 XJ 4.0, and I am in the middle of taking off my throttle body to give it a good cleaning.

While disconnecting the MAP sesnor vacuum tube, I broke the line in two, right at the elbow where plugs into the TB.

What can I do to replace this? Must I go to the dealer? Will my XJ be undriveable?

If I can find some really small vac hose, would be OK to use this as a temp fix until I can get a new MAP sensor vacuum tube?

Thanks!!!

If it is the hard tube you are talking about, the fix is normally simple. Get an inche or so of windshield washer hose and plug the hard line into to each end. Hopefully you have enough on each end to allow it to plug together.

Exactly what I did 2 weeks ago. And exactly the same fix. Works great. No need to go to the Stealer.

-Rich

Well I went and got some vac line. Hopefully it'll work just fine. The throttle body is off, and it's gotten a can of Carb Cleaner sprayed on it. The TB wasn't THAT dirty. I am now debating if I should spray some into my intake to get all the grime in there out. But I think I'll just spray some on a rag and wipe it out. Don't really want all that grime going back into my motor.

BTW, MAKE SURE YOU WEAR SAFEY GLASSES WHEN SPRAYING OUT YOUR THROTTLE BODY! Was spraying out some of the small ports on it, and it flew right back into my eye. After pouring constant water my eye for 4 or 5 minutes, it's feeling a lot better. Carb cleaner in your eye is NOT FUN.

Back