• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'01 Xj...cps?

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
On my '01 I have the coil-on-rail ignition system. I understood the the sensor that's in the hole where the ditrsibutor would go is the CPS.
1. Is that where the tach gets it's info from?
2. Do I have another "CPS" on the bellhousing?

I wouldn't think I would need a crank sensor AND a cam sensor... :confused:
If the tach runs off of this sensor, than a tire or gear change shouldn't make a difference in what the RPMs read, correct/
TIA!

the sensor where the dist was is an oil pump drive/cam sensor drive you still have a crank sensor on the b housing those cam drives are good for locking up i replace a lot at work all the time :repair:

Just replaced the CPS on my 90 XJ. Sort of a last ditch effort to get this thing going before I come home one day and they wife has sold it!

I've replaced everything the manual and NAXJA Forums has discussed concerning "No spark from coil" threads...

Replaced the CPS and it did look a bit worn. Jeep fired up but takes about 3-6 seconds to get her turmimg over...

Back