• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Joining the lifted club, have a couple bolt questions

ADVNTURR

I worry when rattles stop
I just got my Jeep back from getting painted and my 91 now looks like it just rolled off the factory floor. Also added an all new stainless exhaust from the engine back because I was tired of it rusting off in upstate NY. But the topic of this forum comes from the OME 3" kit I just ordered from DPG. I want to replace the U-bolts for the leave springs in back, and I was curious if anyone knew the size so that I could have them waiting when I do the install. I am not sure if I will be doing a t-case drop yet or not, I am going to wait and see if I get any vibes. If I do need to do the drop, I will make my own spacers, but I will need to replace the studs/bolts. While I am asking, does anyone know the thread size and length of those. Thanks for the help in advance

Thread size is 12mm but if you're buying new ones, get 1/2x20. Not sure on the length but you can measure that. The XJ has used three different u-bolt throat widths, depending on whether it's for a Dana 34, Dana 44, or Mopar 8.25" axle (all have different tube diameters). Fire up the tape measure.

Back