• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone used this bumper?

hmmm dunno about the quality, but me confused about the price differences with the other bumper and tire carrier he is selling in terms of "buy-it-now" price $375 versus $500. :confused:

here is the other bumper auction that he is selling that I am talkin about: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33640&item=7910894390

I can see the minor design differences such as a recessed hitch and the recessed D-ring shackles and the painting. Dunno about that $125 difference. Oh ya, judging from the pictures, that pivot design doesn't look stout enuff either, and especially where the pivot goes to... hope it is renforced; but looks can be decieving.
:viking:

Last edited:
dogtired said:
Oh ya, judging from the pictures, that pivot design doesn't look stout enuff either, and especially where the pivot goes to... hope it is renforced; but looks can be decieving.
:viking:

This is a very good point. You need to also look at the latch. 80% of the guys that run bumpers like this one in my area have to go buy and install a different type of latch to keep it from swinging open. That pin style latch has a tendance to pop whne you hit a bump after a few months of wear and tear.

On a different note I don't like the end caps on it. It leaves the tail in wide open for carnage. You need to have a bumper wrap around a little to protect the body.

You might want to take a look at some of his negative feedback as well. Seems to have a problem shipping.

Robert

By "Mounts to factory holes", I hope he is talking about tying into the receiver hitch holes and not just the factory bumper holes!

Back