• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HEY! How do you check your Tcase Fluid?? (Pic:Atlas tube)

Lucas

NAXJA Forum User
Because this is how I check mine:
Booyah.jpg

I was intalling a JB conversions SYE and thought I would try it out while the case was off. Alltogether it was about $10 incuding the tap. It would have been half that if Home Depot carried tubing in lengths shorter than 20'.

Last edited:
Thought about that. I'm going to start carrying spare tube (always good for something) and some 1/4 npt plugs. The skid protects it pretty well though.

Okay, here's a dumb one for ya'll: can the tube be just plain ol' clear PVC?

I like this idea, but I wasnt too sure if the properties of ATF might attack the tubing. Aside from that, I like it and I think I'll do this myself, it'll make checking that fluid level just a tad bit easier.

The tubing I bought was advertised as "food grade, approved for oils and gasoline" so I think that covers hot ATF. I'll be driving it tomorrow so Ill see how it holds up. I have pics of the inside face of the case where I drilled if anyone is intersted. Let me know what you guys think... Man, I need to sleep.

Thats pretty cool but wouldn't the tube be better straight up and down ?? or wouldn't it fit that way ??

TC said:
Ya shoulda just bought the Atlas, they throw in the tubing for free. TC
:laugh2:

Hey, Rich, thats pretty much the only way I could get it to fit, plus I can see if the fluid ever got really low or if there is debris collecting in the bottom of the case. I really lucked out with the top fitting as there is *just* enough room to clear a 30mm socket for the fill plug. Also, these postions were the only way I could keep the tube from kinking.

Started up the jeep wihout the DS connected. Its amazing how low the fluid level drops when the yokes are spinning. Its just enough to keep the oil pickup submerged. Anyway, did a little drive and checked things out. The fluid heated up and softened the hose and a kink formed at the bend next to the SYE, nothing major, just like any plastic softens a bit when warm. I can still easily check the fluid level.

Back