• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory A/C!?

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Those of you that work at dealerships would especially know this I'm sure but my 1990 really had to have come with factory A/C didnt it? I've had a rebuilt compressor on there since I bought the vehicle so I guess Im not 100% that it did come factory. The reason Im asking is because I'm thinking about buying this Sanden Compressor and it says with factory A/C only. Any help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

No one steal my compressor, OK?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7910500211&category=33543

You're good. There is no qualifier for the 1990 4.0L. The qualifier, if you read it again, is for the 1990 with the 4-cyl engine. Most of those did not come with air from the factory and there were aftermarket kits available for them that may not have used the same compressor.

I am an oblivious moron. Thanks for pointing that out Eagle, I probably wouldnt have seen it otherwise. I guess reading twice can never hurt. I dont know what to do, Sanden is a good company but Autozone has a rebuilt one for $150.00. I dont know which to do. Probably go Sanden I guess.

Isn't the factory one a Sanden for the 1990? Which means if you buy the rebuilt fro AZ you'll get a Sanden anyway.

Just to further confuse the issue, you probably didn't know that back in the 80's one of the companies selling after-market a/c systems for the XJs was a company called (ready?) "Factory Air." My 1987 Comanche has a "Factory Air" conversion system in it, and it uses the same compressor as the OEM a/c in my '88 Cherokee.

Back