• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Steering Fluid Filter

MrShoeBoy

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody make a good power steering fluid filter? What do the guys with hydro assist use? I have seen the little filters that go inside the return line but I want something better. Any ideas? Brands, cost, and how well it works.

My steering is almost dead as fluid is leaking EVERYWHERE and a replacement of the box, pump, and lines is soon to happen with the addition of a power steering fluid cooler. From what I have herd the main killer of power steering systems is dirt and other crap in the system.

Thanks,

AARON

You could put a hydraulic oil filter and housing on the return line. I have never seen it, so it might not work. On our trucks at work we have filters in the reservoir (big trucks), you could do that. :eyes:

you could probaly use a filter for a snow plow set up should work fine on the low press side

Not sure how to find it,but check for Howe steering.I know a couple JEEPSPEED guys running remote resivor pumps that have filters built on to them. Looks like a cool setup,pump mounts like stock

Cheap way is to get a Trans-Dapt external oil/trans filter kit or just the filterhousing and plum it inot your return line and run the appropriate filter.

notorious DUG said:
Cheap way is to get a Trans-Dapt external oil/trans filter kit or just the filterhousing and plum it inot your return line and run the appropriate filter.

Do they have a website or phone number?

Thanks,

AARON

Sweet guys! I will post an update next week after I get my new box, pump, lines, cooler, and filter installed and how everything is working.

Thanks again,

AARON

Back