• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will Hitch Fit 2000 XJ??

offroadinchick

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me if this hitch will fit on a 2000 XJ Sport? Quadratec is saying that they no longer sell front hitches for a 2000 Cherokee, but I remember someone telling me that this would fit. I thought there was a draw tight that is better, but I cant find that at all!

Any help would be appriciated!

Thank you,

Cami

I thought the same hitch fit all. I'm sure that's true for the rear, not certain for the front.

Suggest you contact Dirk at DPG Off-Road.

If it'll fit a '98 it should fit a '00. And I've found that most things that say they won't actually will fit with maybe a little modification.

Thank you! I know that is true witha lot of the other parts, but I wasnt sure witha hitch!

: )

Thanks!

if you aren't needing a hitch just yet, check out ebay from time to time, someone will put up a OEM MOPAR class III from to time, that's where I got mine brand new. It also includes nutserts which is mighty handy and helps eases the install quite a bit. Oh ya, do yerself a favor, shoot all nuts and bolts with PB Blaster or WD-40 for a day or two prior to installing a hitch. This is me speaking from experience. Sucks to have a broken bolt hang from the rail with the nut inside the rail, and having to pay 20 bucks at the muffler man to have it torched off. :dunce:

Anyways, good luck to ya!

:viking:

Thanks! I will keep that in mind, and searching ebay now!

: )

Ok, really need help! I want to buy this hitch, supposed to be really good, and it says it will fit a 98 - Does anyone actually have this on their 1999, 00 or 01? I have a 2000 XJ and want to make sure it will fit before I but it tomorrow. The folks at Quadratec said no, but I believe it will! Can someone confirm this for me? Hidden Hitch Front End Receiver 5025 -

http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sg...2&UREQC=3&UREQD=4&FNM=00&UID=2004071613155604

Thanks for all your help on this!

Cami

jacktowncrawler said:
the PN on www.hiddenhitch.com is the same as the one on the quadratec page PN5025. It states on that page, 84-98. Seems like it would fit a '00, though. go the website and ask the manufacturer yourself.

Just spoke with Customer Service there, and surprise, they do not recommend that, because they do not actually know if it will fit.

Can anyone help me? Does anyone have a front hitch?

Signed,

Now pulling my hair out! :helpme:

It will fit. I have that exact hitch installed on my '99.

-Peace Out

Blazair said:
It will fit. I have that exact hitch installed on my '99.

-Peace Out

PERFECT! Thank you so much! That was all I needed to know, but I couldnt find anyone who actually has it! And with my budget it is to expensive to buy and risk not being able to return it.

:yelclap:

Thank you!!!

Back