• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle trusses

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
what are the real advantages and disadvantages of axle trusses? Do they really make the tubes stronger or will they do more damage if you land them directly on a rock or a stump. Also if anyone has pics of a d30 and rear d44 trussed could u post them? Thank You

DSCF0041.JPG

I've added a piece on the other side of the passenger UCA mount as well. There is a cap on the top, from the pumpkin to the PS UCA. I have a few more pictures on my webpage, Midevil Turdy.

On Ebay, Mako has a center section for the non-disco D30 axles. Otherwise, if you don't do your truss over the axle, you lose too much ground clearance.

Actually, I was refering to the control arm attachments, which look to be cast. What type of axle housing is this? It looks a whole lot stronger than what are under my XJs.

gator_grabber said:
Actually, I was refering to the control arm attachments, which look to be cast. What type of axle housing is this? It looks a whole lot stronger than what are under my XJs.

It's the Vaccum Disco HP D30. samr as your D30, except that the vacuum motor and the UCA mount are together. Actually as far as strenghth, they are about equal. Se say weaker, you know the debate.

They are found under XJ's with the 231 Tcase and the years between 84-91.

Back