• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Banks headpipe question

XAIRCAV

NAXJA Forum User
Since it is generaly agreed that the downpipe from the header to the converter is the greatest exhaust restriction does the Banks headpipe fit the stock manifold on a 91-96 4.0 XJ. A thread search was inconclusive and Banks
did not return an E-Mail query.

XAIRCAV said:
Since it is generaly agreed that the downpipe from the header to the converter is the greatest exhaust restriction does the Banks headpipe fit the stock manifold on a 91-96 4.0 XJ. A thread search was inconclusive and Banks
did not return an E-Mail query.

I don't think so. I had the same question since the head pipe from the header to the cat is only listed for YJ's. I don't know for sure.

-Mike

XAIRCAV said:
Since it is generaly agreed that the downpipe from the header to the converter is the greatest exhaust restriction does the Banks headpipe fit the stock manifold on a 91-96 4.0 XJ.

Unfortunately no. You'll either have to ask the muffler shop to fab one up for you or buy a Borla header instead. At least the Borla does come with a 2.25" mandrel-bent downpipe. The part no. is 17020.

There was a thread (that I started) a few days ago about this. There is no downpipe available from Banks for any year XJ. I called and spoke to them about this. I'm going Borla because of this.

Interesting note: Banks insisted that the reason they don't offer a downpipe is that they do not feel the stock one is restricted at all on the XJ. They said they would make one if they felt the vehicle would benefit from it, and currently they do not believe there is a need. :confused1

DharmaDog said:
Interesting note: Banks insisted that the reason they don't offer a downpipe is that they do not feel the stock one is restricted at all on the XJ. They said they would make one if they felt the vehicle would benefit from it, and currently they do not believe there is a need. :confused1

Yeah right. :roflmao:

Back