• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skyjacker adjustable track bar need help!

hackedxj

NAXJA Member #1090
I bought a used SJ 6" flex series lift for my XJ, it was aready off the other XJ and all piled in a box ,no instructions.I put the kit on last winter,instead of the 6" springs I used 4" TJ springs but couldn't figure out the SJ TB so I've been running the stock TB and suffering with bump steer.
The SJ TB is adjustable with a bushing mount at axle end and a heim at the frame end, it also has a different frame mount identical to the stock but the hole for the TB isn't tapered.

Here's the problem, it's to short to reach to the bracket on the axle.......that where I threw in the towel last winter ,I'm getting sick of the bump steer so I pulled out the SJ piece again today for another look.The only bracket on the axle it will line up with is the one for the factory steering stabilizer..Is this it?....If so where does the stabilizer go?..Is there maybe a missing part that makes it make sense?? This thing came of an XJ surely it will go back on! Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

The Skyjacker track bar connects to the steering stabilizer mount. There should be a bracket that comes with that track bar that moves where the steering stabilizer connects.

Hey thanks guys thats what I was hoping to hear. Wow!That's going to be a huge angle improvement. Hate to bug ya but one ?, Once the SJ TB is mounted Where will this bracket relocate the axle end of stabilizer to,in front or above the TB mount and were does this bracket attach.I may try to make something from some old bracketry I have since I don't have the correct one.Thanks again

The stabilizer is relocated above the tracbar. The side of the bracket with one hole is attached to the swaybar bolt the other is attached to the tracbar in it's new location and the stabilizer bolts above that.

Back