• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have a couple qestions...

trout1

NAXJA Forum User
Hey fellas, I need some help.
Found my leak that has been plagueing my jeep for a while, now I need to seal it up. There is a small hole along the back of the rain gutter near the hatch. Water is working its way in there and down to soak the cargo area carpet. So...
Quesion 1. What do I use to seal it with? Caulk? What kind???
2. When I took the rear panel off to check things out I found some rust way down in the corner near the small rubber drain plug(in the little valley just behind the rear tire), it's just about impossible to get in there to clean and paint because there's no room whasoever to work, so what do I do to stop the rust that's there? Silicone spray maybe???
3. Last one, while I was looking at the rust I found a little black sealed bag about 5x8 inches big and about 2 inches thick with something in it, feels like insulation maybe?. Anyone ever find one of these stuffed back behind the rear panel in the cargo area?
Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

Oh if it matters, 2000 4x4 4 door.

1. Silicon

2. POR-15. Search the archives.

3. Does the bag have any wires connected to it? Is it bolted/strapped down? why not open it to see what it is?

Back