• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

home brew powertank

dandecicco said:
Quick question, anyone have ideas about mounting/fabricating a bracket for a 5 gal. CO2 tank so that it is secure and won't roll around?

Check your local welding supply shop they usually sell them cheep.

Here you go. <------fire extinguisher place.

is.php

Last edited:
I picked up a tank bracket from WW Grainger for $25. I hear that fire extinguisher places are a good bet as well.

Hey Okie, did you make the handle yourself? For the minute I'm running a 5lb aluminum tank and they don't come with handles like the 20# tanks do and I worry about knocking off a regulator.

old_man said:
Hey Okie, did you make the handle yourself? For the minute I'm running a 5lb aluminum tank and they don't come with handles like the 20# tanks do and I worry about knocking off a regulator.

Scroll down a bit and it's there. You may be able to buy the handle separately.

Ultimate-air.com

local fire extinguisher shop all the way! my 20# mounting bracket was only $26. my entire system was only a little more than some people want for just their mounts.

242380_296_full.jpg

242380_290_full.jpg

242380_298_full.jpg

I haven't bought it yet, but I checked measurements and it appeared that the mounting bracket for a nitrous tank will work (probably more expensive, though, than the fire extinguisher bracket. Also, since nitrous is mounted almost level, and the CO2 tank needs to be mounted upright, I figure the mount would have to be mounted on the side (like those shown in the above images).

dmillion said:
"my entire system was only a little more than some people want for just their mounts."

Where'd you get the regulator?

$27 - plus $10 shipping from http://www.offroadair.net/products.html
$26 - mounting bracket from fire extinguisher shop
free - old 20# CO2 tank from my crack head neighbor
$20 - 25" hose, fittings, quick disconnects, air chuck, teflon tape, etc. from local hardware store
------
$83

even if you bought a tank you're still looking at less than $150 for a 20# setup.

it will fill my 35x12.50R15 from 12 to 25 in 30 seconds. not bad. plus its only $10 exchange for a new tank. i really wish i had a belt driven compresor, but this will do until then.

oareg150.gif

i bought the one without the elbow and disconnect b/c it was $8 cheaper and an elbow and disconnect only cost $3 at the hardware store. i'm a cheap bastard!

I have a fire extinguisher I wanna convert for OBA. I need to know a place and PN, or the name of the piece that will replace the trigger/handle and let me attach a regulator.

Back