• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my girlfriend is awesome!

lankchevy

NAXJA Forum User
well our year was a week ago, and today when she came to my house she had a nice little black and yellow box labeled richmond lockright! its for my 35 rear. im soooo happy right now. i had been contemplating a 8.8 swap, but now i guess i will just get a spare set of shafts and keep the 35 for a while and slowly build a 8.8 im prolly gonna put it in on either thursday or friday depending on what day(s) i have off. this will be the first rig ive had with a locker so this should be very nice. any quick tips on putting this in? its an 88 dana 35 so it should be non-c clip, right?

kolby

Let me give you a hint. If you find a woman that thinks enough of you to buy you toys and will put up with your obsessions, you should really think of signing a long term contract. I did 29 years ago and it still keeps getting better. Good ones are hard to find and get harder every year. Also don't advertise her, your buddies might start moving in on your territory :gag:

lankchevy said:
well our year was a week ago, and today when she came to my house she had a nice little black and yellow box labeled richmond lockright! its for my 35 rear. im soooo happy right now. i had been contemplating a 8.8 swap, but now i guess i will just get a spare set of shafts and keep the 35 for a while and slowly build a 8.8 im prolly gonna put it in on either thursday or friday depending on what day(s) i have off. this will be the first rig ive had with a locker so this should be very nice. any quick tips on putting this in? its an 88 dana 35 so it should be non-c clip, right?

kolby
Can you swap the lockright for the 35 for a lockright for an 8.8?

hmm well my only buddies i have that wheel that are around my and her age are not quite her type lol. most of my wheeling friends are all about 10-15 years older than her. and since she is turning 16 in a few months i dont think her daddy would be real happy about her seeing them i dont think the law would like it to much either lol. does anyone know where there is a writeup on puting a lockright in a non c-clip35 is? all i can find are ones that deal with dana 35c's

kolby
kolby

I have to agree with the "old_man", I found me one, cooks, cleans and can turn a wrench. She just bought a TJ, hey at leasts its a jeep, and now wants 33's. She is definately a unique one, plus she's built like a brick-shit house. When you find one that is beautiful, caring and buys you parts for you hobbies, sign that contract.

Oh yeah, explain to her about the upgrade in the axle, 8.8, telling her that she thank you for the locker and how awesome of a g/f she is, but explain the weakness of the axles and everything that goes along with it, hell include her on the build up and install. She'll love you for it, well if she likes to get her hands dirty. And if she's like mine, the whole job might take longer....got to love shop "fun" :smootch: ....but it will be worth it.

I thought the lockrite came with a writeup. Otherwise check their site.

The steps are pretty easy for a non-c-clip D35.

1. put the rear up on jackstands and remove the tires
2. remove the brake drums
3. remove the cover over the gears and drain the oil
4. remove the four bolt behind each wheel mating flange that hold the axles in.
5. pull the axles out a few inches
6. there is either a roll pin or a bolt that holds the cross pin in the carrier
7. rotate the carrier and slide out the cross pin and the spider gears
8. put the lockrite in the place where the spiders are. There are some tricks such as using heavy grease to hold the little springs and retainers in place. This should be covered in the instructions.
9. Once the lockrite is in the carrier, reverse the order on the previous steps.
10 Don't forget to put in the gear oil. You do not need the special friction modifier additive with a lockrite.

This is just a rough idea of the steps to give you a perspective on the project. I've been wrenching for a long time and have all the tools and it takes me about an hour or so to do the job. A first timer with only screw jacks and hand tools might take a half day or so. LOL

hmm that makes me think, i *think* that i read where richmond let someone trade a broken 35 lockright for a new 44 lockright. since the 8.8 swap wouldnt be done for a good few months (read winter project) and somehow the 35 locker broke when i wanted it too, maybe i could send it in and get them to trade for a 8.8, or just get the new one in the mail and take it back and get a refund to get one for a 8.8 all in all even if i started the 8.8 right tommarow, by the time i got the work done, had money to buy stuff for the swap, and accualy got it in, it would be a couple months minimum. so i think ill just put it in now and run it, and worry about the 8.8 when i get it ready in a few months.

Your on the right track you might want to keep her. It's realy not that hard to install the lockrite. Just take your time and make sure you tighten all the bold to spec.

lankchevy said:
and somehow the 35 locker broke when i wanted it too, maybe i could send it in and get them to trade for a 8.8, or just get the new one in the mail and take it back and get a refund to get one for a 8.8
(n)

lankchevy said:
hmm well my only buddies i have that wheel that are around my and her age are not quite her type lol. most of my wheeling friends are all about 10-15 years older than her. and since she is turning 16 in a few months i dont think her daddy would be real happy about her seeing them i dont think the law would like it to much either lol. does anyone know where there is a writeup on puting a lockright in a non c-clip35 is? all i can find are ones that deal with dana 35c's

kolby
kolby
SW Mo. aint too far from NE Okla. :wave1:
What was her name again?
DIG IT!

BUCKYXJ said:
SW Mo. aint too far from NE Okla. :wave1:
What was her name again?
DIG IT!

haha very funny, better not be over 18 or its illegal tho. lol. i ended up taking the locker back and getting some new lca's and have money left over to do my 8.8 swap and i have enuf to regear at the same time.

kolby

Back