• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts to ponder

Scott Mac. said:
Point taken.

But then again the Bod can orgainize a events committee.

More thoughts to ponder.

absolutly, considering the fact winterfest has always happened with less formality.......

using nac's formula is just fine.

Beezil said:
absolutly, considering the fact winterfest has always happened with less formality.......

using nac's formula is just fine.

Winterfest about runs itself, but with Off-road parks opening up in Ohio Kentucky and Illinois. we have the capability to run a event every 4 months.

The one issue I have observed with the NAC BOD is a lack of delegation. It seems like the same handful of people run all the events, and get overworked in the process. Maybe having an official Events Coordinator would allow for better distribution of labor since the responsibility is on one person rather than the group of three; that person would almost have to get an event staff together. And since it is better to have an odd number of BOD members, the seperate secretary & treasurer positions would have to be maintained.

Beezil said:
i guess its 3 or 5.........KISS is a good choice

this would make a good discussion......

IMHO, one of the most important tasks for a chapter is "event coordiantion".

whose task is this when you have a 3-member bod?
If you look at the resposibilties of the vp, I think that job could be combined with events coordinator.

In the event that they would ever have to take over for the pres. than a new vp would have to be elected.

jeeplas said:
If you look at the resposibilties of the vp, I think that job could be combined with events coordinator.

In the event that they would ever have to take over for the pres. than a new vp would have to be elected.

Let me add to this idea ... and "local" members near the area where the event is to be held support the VP as members of the "Events Committee". There are several interested members that have indicated they'd like to be involved. This is an easy way they can do so.

Incorporating KISS ... aka a three member BOD ... and involving local members near an event site within an Event Committee, is a way to keep more people involved in the Chapter.

Les

Last edited:
Back