• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

teraflex or re control arms

cdw25271

NAXJA Forum User
i don't see much on here about teraflex control arms. most items i see are for sale but not much coments on them. would anyone like to coment on how good teraflex arms are / or problems with them.

I have upper and lower teraflex arms and they flex just fine for me. They have acme threads in the middle of the arm that allow them to flex better but still allow you to run rubber or poly bushings at each end of the arm. You do need to grease them occasionaly with the zerk to flush out any contaminants that try sneaking into the acme threaded joint. I had a buddy who had the acme threaded part pull out on one of his LCA on his TJ and he complainged that the rubber bushings that came with his original arms wore out fast but I believe that they now come with poly bushings. If my bushings are worn out I don't notice it because my jeep is already loud. I'd say if you can find them for a reasonable price then get em because I have no complaints.
Grover

I have the Tera adjustable uppers and long arms down low. I have had no troubles yet, (Just over a year for the long arms). They dont have any of the re-builable ends, instead they have polyeurethane bushings and the adjustment in the arms rotate freely when the suspension cycles. They stay tight, even after the real rough stuff. And unlike the radius arms eveyone has, the control arms keep the castor correct when flexed. Very nice product!

Back