• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gilbert MN July 24th

Just thought I would let anybody that cares to read this that three of us showed up and had a REAL NICE time. The weather was fantastic. Camping was great. Wheeling started out a bit lame, but got real nice by the end of the weekend. Petersons 4Wheel and Off Road Ultimate Adventure group was in the park and they had local clubs closing off HUGE portions of the park so they could play in private. That stunk and I feel was really unfair. However, we explored some easy loops and eventually hit some more fun stuff. Ted's Revenge was the hardest trail I did. I spanked it by the way! :) Of course I had good spotting and probably some luck. At the end of the day, I did get to see the ultimate group tackle a brand new trail up a rough valley by sneaking in on foot. :) Progress was slow and I only hung around a few minutes. Boulder Alley looks totally impassable to me, but I suppose some of those tube buggies have been in it. There were tracks. Sunday two of us wheeled up a steep rutted hill only to find out we were at a midpoint and the rest of the way hadn't been driven as far as we could tell. It was very steep and filled with loose 1' sized boulders. There was an equally steep downhill possibility, but we decided to winch up the hill. That's why we own winches, right? It was a fun excersize and worked just fine. I'll have to find a place to post my pics. I think the midwest guys on here should make a trip up there sometime. It would be worth it. Later, Jeff

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
I think the midwest guys on here should make a trip up there sometime. It would be worth it.

It's on my list, Jeff.

Back