• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

walmart evermaxx batteries

Cliff

NAXJA Forum User
ok whats the scoop on walmart evermaxx batteries 1000cranking and 870 cold cranking amps. this seems almost to good and a 3 year warranty. optima red tops only have 800 cold crank and a 1 year warranty.

Your Jeep only needs around 150 amps to start. Anything more than that is a complete waste. Your money would be MUCH better spent upgrading the battery cables.

thanks im changing out all the battey cables and grounding straps. I need a new battery vary soon it keeps starting the jeep but you can hear that its about to give up and it fails the test at the auto parts store.

I bought one of those EverMaxx batteries before I realized how evil Walmart is. Anyway, its a good battery, I've had it for 4 years, 3 of which were Rochester winters. The battery itself is made by Johnson Controls. Hope this helps.

--Matt

i have had the evermaxx for about 4 to 5 yrs and i have not had any problems. always starts right up. now i will go out to start it up and it will be dead :rolleyes: .

Back