• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help with an engine??

krawler5

NAXJA Forum User
help me, i got a jeep for free(1986 2.8L automatic) the worst year but it was free. it ran great and even has upgrades done to it. the problem is that i think it blew a crank or something? it makes a horrable clanking noise now. how would i go about fixing it myself? i have done a clutch on this year before, but never worked on the auto. some advice would be awsome guys, thanx

Dr. Dyno said:
If the clanking noise is coming from the engine, start thinking about swapping in a Chevy 3.4 V6 and use the old 2.8 as a boat anchor.

Or drop in a 2.5L MPI.

The Chevy 3.4 V6 is an easier swap and with the extra displacement comes more HP/TQ. Can't argue against that. Get one from an early/mid 90's Camaro and take the engine computer, wiring harness, and EFI system with it.

Dr. Dyno said:
The Chevy 3.4 V6 is an easier swap and with the extra displacement comes more HP/TQ. Can't argue against that. Get one from an early/mid 90's Camaro and take the engine computer, wiring harness, and EFI system with it.

How do you figur splicing wire harnesses from different vehicals and manufactures is easer than dropping in newer wiring from the same vehical?

Back