• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gutter mounts 4 Roof Rack

FELIX

Who Knows, Ask Who
I have a Confer roof rack, w/ factory rack mounts, but after an episode of the rack almost sliding compleetly off :shocked: while on the Dusey this last week, I'm looking for the gutter mounts. The rack has been on my truck for 6 + years, & no problems until this week, when it happened 2X's putting a nice dent in the roof :flamemad: . A friend of mine said that he had a problem w/ the factory rails giving way, & switched to gutters & was able to right his XJ by the gutter mounted roof rack. Where can I find the gutter mounts online, preferably the lowest profile, as my truck has to fit in the garage? I've gone to Confers site,compleetely useless just showing 1 pictuce & says to call.

TIA
Rob

What you are looking for is called the "Bulldog clamp".

They can be seen on the conferr website. http://conferr.com/ It shows a picture, description, and price. Not sure what else you're looking for. Click on "racks" then "bulldog clamps" down below.

I went rounds with them a year or so back, I tried to order the 4" ones that they have listed on their site.

Like this:

HDS-6_small.jpg

But they said because of lack of sales, they don't make them anymore. I asked why they still had them on their site and they just gave me a bullshiit story.

I ended up having to buy the 6" ones.

Like this:

HD-6_small.jpg

I was able to die grind out the holes to move the mounts down a bit, lowering the profile so it worked out okay.

The Con-Ferr people themselves were a pain in the ass to work with.

I orderd 6 of the 6" mounts. Not cheap, but strong as hell. I have had two people sitting up in my rack ........ watching fireworks not too long ago in fact :D

ChuckD said:
Did you have the rubber or metal nutzerts?

I have the metal nutzerts, but my friend had the rubber ones. My clamps just let go, the factory strips were fine, but my friends nutzerts let go.

Hey PhatXJ, thanks for the link, I had a bad one with my search. It just showed a picture of that Chevy, but no clickable links. Just ordered a set of the short ones on line, so hopefully they'll have them.

Thanks again

Rob

Back