• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting An 86 xj (poss.)

xjfanatc

NAXJA Forum User
I have been tossing around the Idea of parting this thing out so if I can rid of enough crap or someone wants the whole let me know. Again this is just a thought I havent decided yet.

Make me an offer for this thing. I want it out of the garage. No reasonable offer refused. If I dont get anything offers it will end up ion the scrapyard where I wont get anything for it. Also have an extra rear and front end to go with it (dana 35/30).

You get rid of it? If not I may be intrested.... What engine tranny? Gears?

I need the little brakets that attach the U joint to the rear differential, and the bolts that go with it. Could also problably use the yoke (the back part of the rear differential you attach these brakets to.

I'm in CA so probably would't pay for me to get any heavier parts.

front tow hooks and bracketS?

It is maroon in color. Some body damage on lower half of doors. The interior is also red. Options are as follows A/C not working, Tilt sterring Cruise Rear defrost, I dont recall anything else special about it. It has been a long since I have even been in it. dana 35 rear Dana 30 Front (have extra front and rear if anyone needs them Not sure of the ratio). Motor is the 2.8 Needs a new piston (less than 6,000 miles on the motor). Trans is the 700r4 I think. Anything else you may want to know just ask. It has no tow hooks.

Last edited:
Thanks I have it now. Red exterior, burgandy interior, D30, D35 2.8, 700 tranny, W207 Tcase. Will be parting the drivetrain out and some interior stuff. PM or e-mail [email protected] with any request. No tow hooks or brackets, no skidds, just your standard plain old 86 XJ.

Back