• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DW????

XJDude

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all I am new here and am tryin to figure this site out so take it easy on me. :oops: I have a 91 XJ 2 Door with a sorta home made lift on it. I have a 3" suspension lift with 2" coils spacers in the front with an extra stock spacer. I have a 3" block in the rear to match the front. The rear is a little higher but that makes up for the two 15" subs and the DVD player that are in the back. I also have an adjustable track bar in the front and a slip yoke eliminator in the rear. I changed my axles from the 30 and 35 to a 30 and 8 1/4 out of a 96 XJ so they are 29 spline with 4:10 gears instead of the 3:07's. It stops on a dime. But anyways I have had DW (DEATH WOBBLE)for a while now and I can't get rid of it. I have tightened everything and had it aligned twice and all my tires balanced and it is bad I can't go over 55 MPH. My caster is perfect for having such a lift on it. The only thing I can think of would be the upper control arms. I have changed the lowers but never the uppers. If anyone has any ideas for me please let me know....
Thanks,
Neil

Neil, a better place for this question is the modification forum, but like you said, you're still trying to figure this site out. :D By the way, welcome aboard!:mrgreen:

DW can come from a bunch of different areas:
Loose components
Bad tires
incorrect allignment settings.

We just chased down DW on a friends XJ, found out he had bought a bad set of used tires :shock:

Hope this helps

PS do a search on the mod tech forum for death wobble.

Back