• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beefing up rear springs...

fishbum

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, now that my cooling issues are solved, I've successfully towed my 2000lb boat with no problem!

I did notice, however, that with the trailer connected and the added tongue weight (only 100lbs) the rear sags. And I'll be loading the back of the XJ with more weight than that at some point....

So - Maybe its time to add a leaf? I will do no offroading, so lift isn't necessary. Don't want to invest too much money in this rig, is AAL the way to go?

The suspension is all original and stock right now. Oh, it's a 1995 XJ 4.0 4dr auto...

Any links you can send me for suggested parts/suppliers would be great.

How about these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7910146905&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
?
thanks-
fishbum

In your situation I would probably look for a set of up-country springs, or consider adding an airbag that you can pump up when you're hauling heavier loads.

just go to an automotive store and pic up some overload / leveling leafs, it will cost between $20-$30

Keep the XJ main, and use Dakota leaves to get the proper height.

Back