• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injector ?

Mountain Man

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering what kind of injectors could be used to replace oem ones on a 90 4.0. I remember hearing of ford injectors being used, but I am not sure which ones will work.

5 liter Mustang injectors from Ford Motorsports. If you search back far enough someone may have posted the part number or the color.

Stock for mustang 19# will work well. They'll give you a virtually identical amount of fuel but the orifice is slightly different creating a better spray. They are also cheaper to buy if yours are shot.

Just do a search on 5.0 mustang injectors, it was discussed pretty heavily a few months ago. You can pickup 8 new mustang injectors for about half of what 6 jeep ones cost.

thanks for the info. Now I must pay a visit to the under hood region of my friends Lincoln mark VII :)! By the way, the 5.0 ho injectors are gray with orange tops.

FYI once one fails the others soon follow. I had one leaking and went to local autoparts and bought a replacement ($75 for one injector) then the following week another one started leaking in the same place so I went to www.kar-kraft.com and bought 8 of them for $89 so now I have two spares along with all my stockers. DIG IT!

Back