• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10 Gallon Air Tank

reson46

NAXJA Forum User
What's a rough estimate of how many times I can air up 4 32" tires from 15 to 25 psi with a 10 gallon air tank? Who sells air tanks bigger than 10 gallons? I have checked the local Lowe's, Wal-Mart, and Tractor Supply and 10 gallons seems to be the biggest.

Thanks,
William Crawley

Actually, 10 gallons at 125psi will air up three 32" tires from 15psi to 25psi. Obviously you're still going to need another air source to do all four tires. If you only reduce your pressure to 20psi then you can air all four tires back up to 25psi.

This is assuming you're talking about 32/11.50x15 tires.

I can only comment on 31's and with an 11 gallon tank. At 120 PSI, I could air up all 4 tires from 10 PSI to 20 PSI (or slightly more). I'd have to agree that you probably can't air up all four 32's with a 10 gallon tank. I went with a diy CO2 setup that cost me about $100 total.

red87cherokee said:
I can only comment on 31's and with an 11 gallon tank. At 120 PSI, I could air up all 4 tires from 10 PSI to 20 PSI (or slightly more). I'd have to agree that you probably can't air up all four 32's with a 10 gallon tank. I went with a diy CO2 setup that cost me about $100 total.

Did you use an air tank and fill it up with CO2? Or is it more complicated than that? Sorry if this is a stupid question. :doh:

Thanks,
William Crawley

No, you don't just fill up a regular air tank with CO2. Do a search for CO2 and you'll find a dozen threads and hundreds of informative posts.

dmillion said:
No, you don't just fill up a regular air tank with CO2. Do a search for CO2 and you'll find a dozen threads and hundreds of informative posts.
What he said.

I purchased a CO2 tank from a welding supply company off eBay for $60 or $70, a regulator from Harbor Freight for about $30, and miscellaneous hose and fittings that I already had. It seems to work great . . . at a cost of about $15 for each tank fillup (it lasts many 4wd trips, 20 pound tank).

Back