• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky-Road Adj. Trac Bar

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
[1997XJ with 3" OME Lift. 4.0, AW4, 231J.]

I just lifted my XJ 3" and of course, the front axle isn't centered any longer.

I know that the trac bar is responsible for this and with the 3" lift, the axle shifts towards the drivers side.

I notice that several companies that make adjustable bars make bars that go to around 3 1/2 inch and then if I grow higher, I need to buy an entirely new adj. trac bar.

I found a trac bar on Rocky-Road.com that seems to work from 3" to 6" of lift and is only $99.00, compared to JKS which is $200.00.

Seems too good to be true.

$99.00 is a lot better than $200.00, but I have also read threads on this forum that seem to make me believe that repositioning the trac bar 3/4" to the left of factory hole (drill new hole) would solve my current problem.

Any advice on what I should do to PROPERLY center my axle????

Thanks,

Jeff-97XJ

I would just drill the hole and save that money up for a good trackbar like the JKS. Too many problems with the cheaper trackbars, like Rocky Road, Rusty's, and the Rubicon Express RE1600. You get what you pay for.

Trackbars are not something to get "cheap" on.Youll just end up spending more money later.I would not own one that uses TRE's.Get the RE HD unit or the JKS and never worry about it again!BTW,scroll to the bottom of "this" page for the "simiilar threads".
RE1660.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say go for the Teraflex TB. THey are only $135 from Stage West.

They have a factory type end, but are built for more droop, and you can adjust them with both ends attached to the vehicle.

Fergie

I have destroyed Teraflex upper TREs by the half-dozen.
I am moving to Currie or JKS, pronto.
Tera trackbars are fine for street use and mall crawling, but the TRE will not stand up to repetitive flex for a chit.
HTH

I just put Kevin's Offroad track bar conversion kit on my '99. It comes with the adjustable track bar and a new track bar bracket. It was easy to install and got rid of my bump steer completely. I'm very happy with it so far. It does not have the TRE on it, but a new joint on both ends with the upgraded bracket. Very solid.

I have a 89 cherokee with 4.5 inch lift that i bought with the lift on and i noticed yesterday that the drivers tire was sticking out more. my first reaction is that the kid who had it before me didnt measure all the wheels and one of them had wrong offset. but after reading this i believe the kid didnt replace anything and is still running stock items. now my question is will this cause issues with steering?

Scott Williams said:
I just put Kevin's Offroad track bar conversion kit on my '99. It comes with the adjustable track bar and a new track bar bracket. It was easy to install and got rid of my bump steer completely. I'm very happy with it so far. It does not have the TRE on it, but a new joint on both ends with the upgraded bracket. Very solid.

This Tracbar can easily be modified if you later plan on going to High-steer. I just shortened the threaded end by 2" and then tapped it back out to 4". It's the right size with 6.5" of lift and the ORGS Over-the-Axle TB Mount.

I'm sure the JKS TB with the J-Joint would work the same way to.

Back