• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions regarding Milemarker hydro and PS cooler...

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, so I am about to pick up another MM hydro, and will actually install this one, and have been doing some reading about different setups.

I would really just like to know if you are running a PS cooler with your MM hydro, and where you located it, as well as how you routed the plumbing.

Any other pointers would be appreciated to. Hopefully BillR, SeanR and others will chime in...

Fergie

Fergie-
You're MORE than welcome to look at mine. It's just a small tranny cooler that I mounted in the radiator and plumbed just like seanR said. It's in-line on the low pressure side. There are no pressure fittings to deal with, just a few hose clamps. I also still have my PS in-line filter that you're welcome to. It's a good idea with a MM winch. I ran across it recently in my "pile". :doh:

I did have the same cooler setup, easy to do. I used a factory xj transmision cooler. If I did it again I would have pump dedicated just to the winch. Winchesplus.com has a pump pushing 5gpms. That would increase the speed quite a bit but the selanoid that comes with the milemarker is only rated for 2.5gpms. Of course you can buy another selanoid, I will when mine craps out.

Back