• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new 4.0 engine in 90

itzak

NAXJA Forum User
Help I just put a new engine in my 90 xj and it run very well. Except going up hill when I step down on the gas then it sputters and backfires through the tail pipe. The engine was a long block all the sensors have been replaced. The throttle body has been Professionaly cleaned off the engine. Tps has been set to 13 % set off the trans side input is 4.72volts output is 4.15 Volts.It has an auto trans and the cable has been set up. also I replaced the injectors with Ford Racing 50 19 lb injectors. amy ideas?

Itzak

has the distributor been properly indexed. search my post and there should be one to instruct you how to do that properly, it is common especially after dist replacements

jneary said:
search my post and there should be one to instruct you how to do that properly, it is common especially after dist replacements

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/dist_index.html :D

In your case, you can miss out the removal of the valve cover step. All you need to do is slightly adjust the distributor to the position that I've described.

Back