• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just how much lift do I have???

younggun96

NAXJA Forum User
I installed the 3" rough country lift on my 96 xj about a year and a half ago, it seemed ok for the first 6 months but then I started rubbing the flares with my 31x10.50x15 pro-comps every time I turned into a drive or lot! I added 1.5" coil spacers to the front and once again was in good shape for another 8-10 months and now I am rubbing again regularly. We have wheeled the jeep a bit but nothing drastic and I am just wondering how much these springs have sagged? Anybody know the height of their 3" coils installed? mine measure 12 3/4" from top to bottom nearest the tire. Is that even close to what they should be or is it time for some new springs???

Last edited:
Measure bottom of flare to center of hub.
Stock:
Front 17.5"
Rear 17"

younggun96 said:
I installed the 3" rough country lift on my 96 xj about a year and a half ago, it seemed ok for the first 6 months but then I started rubbing the flares with my 31x10.50x15 pro-comps every time I turned into a drive or lot! I added 1.5" coil spacers to the front and once again was in good shape for another 8-10 months and now I am rubbing again regularly. We have wheeled the jeep a bit but nothing drastic and I am just wondering how much these springs have sagged? Anybody know the height of their 3" coils installed? mine measure 12 3/4" from top to bottom nearest the tire. Is that even close to what they should be or is it time for some new springs???

Damn. mine measure 14" in the front with the weight on it. From flare to center of you front hub I THINK it should measure 20" with a 3 " lift.

yep, from the bottom of my flare to the center of my hub it measues almost 20 1/2". That sucks, because I have a 1 1/2" spacer on top of those colis to get that measurement of 20 1/2"!! which means the 3" lift coils must only be giving me about 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" of actual lift. Lesson learned on buying cheap rough country coils!!!!

Back