• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-Bolt Length

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got my u-bolts on and boy do they look like they are way to long.

Should I leave them as is or should I chop off 2"-2.5"?

u-bolts-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ya, Just cut them off. Sawzall, Hacksaw,grinder,what ever you got.

-Jerry

BTW, Whats up with the second set of nuts......just curious,as I haven't seen that before.

JerryV said:
Ya, Just cut them off. Sawzall, Hacksaw,grinder,what ever you got.

-Jerry

BTW, Whats up with the second set of nuts......just curious,as I haven't seen that before.

Second Set of Nuts....:shhh:

The lower ones are used as spacers, cuz the spring shop goofed and the threads don't go down to the spring plate. :twak:

I figure room for inchitus(Blocks), in a year or so.

XJ91 said:
Second Set of Nuts....:shhh:

The lower ones are used as spacers, cuz the spring shop goofed and the threads don't go down to the spring plate.
Sounds like it's time for the spring shop to make yo ua new set, with the correct lengths...more thread lower down and no bolt higher up.

Yucca-Man said:
Sounds like it's time for the spring shop to make yo ua new set, with the correct lengths...more thread lower down and no bolt higher up.

Will it cause any problems the way they are?

When I went back in there, they were'nt too happy even to give me the extra large bolts for spacers. Looking at me like it was my fault they screwed up.

The only thing was they were free.

Why can't you have them throw the die back on there and cut the threads down further? Then bolt it back on without the spacers and hack off the remaining threads, leaving 4 or 5 threads above the nut.

Cut 'em off just above the nuts. Those long ends are going to pound the frame rails.

However ... you need a new spring shop. I deal with two around here, and they both provide heavy-duty, extra deep nuts with all u-bolts. The ones I get are almost as deep as both of yours together.

Back