• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C4x4 Double Tubes and TCase Skid

Tuckman1941

NAXJA Member #747
I'm itching to order rock rails and a transfer case skid plate, but am wondering about their mounting situation. I like the C4x4 double tube rock rails. Am I going to run into a problem mounting this and a transfer case skid?

For most of the ones I've looked at, it seems the skid plate wants to be mounted right about where the bar from the rock rail to the frame rail is.

Does anyone running the double-tubes have a TCase skid that doesn't conflict with them?

Thanks,

Tucker

it works fine. no issues... teh rear mount of the c4x4 rails is partially on the rear spring hangar so its far away from the side mounts for tc skids.

I have the Custom 4x4 double tubers on my 97XJ, and a Tomkens T/C skidplate.

I had no mounting issues with that combination.

If you buy and install the Custom 4x4 double tubes, when you mount them, make sure you have them pushed up all the way into the pinch seam before drilling the holes. I am totally happy with my combination.

Hope this helps-

Jeff-97XJ

Jeff-97XJ said:
I have the Custom 4x4 double tubers on my 97XJ, and a Tomkens T/C skidplate.

How well do the tubes work if used as a jacking point? I'm seriously considering a set of these, but would like to make sure that using my hi-lift with them won't cause the pinch seams to bend/distort, etc.

dogtired said:
dang beefy for anything - including hi lifts... here's proof: http://www.jeepin.com/features/c4x4_xj_rockers/index.asp

so... in other words... no problemo! :)

:viking:

Cheers, that's what I needed to know :) My order's going in next week. Thanks for the pointer - while I may have no intentions of being the most hardcore rockcrawler on the planet, it is nice to know that they're more than capable of dealing with what I want them for.

Last edited:
ok good luck bub on yer rails. Be sure to include pix so the rest of us poor saps (especially me) can drool over. Being broke sure sux for me. I am happy for you. :cheers:

Just need to throw in my $.02...

I also have the C4X4 double tube rocker guards and a Tomken TC skid. The rocker guards have saved me a couple of times. I've landed on them hard several times. Plenty strong enough for a hi-lift.

When you install them, get a friend to help. Don't be like me and do it yourself. I was on my back holding one end up with my feet while clamping them in place. It was quite a sight.

Awesome, thanks guys. Looks like my order will go in on Monday. The hi-lift is on the way as well. I'll be glad to finally have the Jeep be a somewhat legitimate trail rig now.
No more worrying about getting banged up. The guy that rearranged my front bumper last week has christened the rig. Finally get to hit some real trails. Off to Rausch Creek and Paragon in a few weeks.

Ooo... then I have to get a digital camera to post those pictures. So much for saving up for the next school year.

Thanks,
Tucker

xjohnnyc said:
Just need to throw in my $.02...

I also have the C4X4 double tube rocker guards and a Tomken TC skid. The rocker guards have saved me a couple of times. I've landed on them hard several times. Plenty strong enough for a hi-lift.

When you install them, get a friend to help. Don't be like me and do it yourself. I was on my back holding one end up with my feet while clamping them in place. It was quite a sight.

hey that's the same way I did my install with my rear hitch! :D
But did you do everything yourself? BIG congrats to ya! I am sure it wasn't easy, it took me 8 hours plus a trip to the hardware store for the missing bolts and a the muffler man to torch a broken bolt off. On top of all that, my Jeep got broken into right after I installed the hitch. I really wish I had help at the time. :doh:

Back