• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bending bushwackers with heat?

Prepmech

NAXJA Member #981
Ok, took the cherokee out wheeling today for the first time after installing my bushwackers. The rear tire on the drivers side rubbed the flare a little. Where the flare splits so the door can open, I trimmed a little off the flares with a bench grinder. I'm guessing the heat distorted the flare to where it now hangs down a little. Can I use a heat gun to heat up the flare and bend it back into shape, or will the plastic char? Has anyone tried this before?

I can't imagine grinding them could create enough heat to do anything. I grinded the sh!t out of mine and they never got warm.

Where is is warp at?
Did you get the rubbers back on the same location?

I'll try and get some pictures of it tommorow. When I was grinding the flares the plastic seemed to melt off. I'm assuming it will get soft when I heat it. The outside of the flares seem to match up fine, so I don't think it is a fit issue. I'm pretty sure it is warped.

Back