• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrome Bumper Mishap

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My chrome bumper has a small dent in the middle because my friend was driving my XJ and backed into XJ. Hah,how ironic. Anyway I need to know a way to pop it out. I have tried just a 1/2 lb. sledge and that gets me hardly anywhere. I believe a blow torch would just strip the chrome off, correct. If anyone has done similar please let me know how to get it out. Thanks a lot in advance.

Its the rear one, sorry no need for the front. I dont want to spend the money right now on a warn or anything else so i may just drive it dented until i do have the cash. I actually need to convert both bumpers to black now becuase the chromes gonna look crappy with my gold wheels that im gettin. Still trying to pound this one out does anyone know a way?

I laughed so hard when I read this, I swear I just bought mine off this guy and it looks more like a test dummy guard rail than a bumper! Stick with the dent, I learned that bending that sucker in any way at all is nearly impossible. Maybe you need another XJ to pull out the dent!

Back